We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
A Systems Engineer will be responsible for day to day systems administration, troubleshooting, ticket resolution, solution planning, solution implementation, software installation as well as hardware maintenance, performing system backups and advanced recovery. This position will provide a technical leadership role in the organization and be the example for other technical team members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
- Meet or exceed company goals for billable hours and professional development
- Provide timely and accurate feedback of support and hardware/software provided
- Plan, develop, and deploy IT Systems as needed
- Work with the Director of IT to provide project management and task delegation to team members
- Plan, setup, and maintain backup and recovery procedures and documentation on a regular basis
- Handle advanced backup and recovery needs
- Provide technical support and direction to other team members as needed
- Develop and maintain procedures and standards for IT Systems
- Build, configure, enhance and troubleshoot IT Systems, application deployments and infrastructure up-grades.
- Provide hands-on system administration support, system maintenance and operations support.
- Fielding calls and supporting IT needs on a wide range of topics that involve extensive customer interaction
- Communicate promptly and effectively with clients and team members
- Setup, support, and maintenance of servers, firewalls, switches, and access points including firmware upgrades
- Setup, configure, and maintain Virtual Environments
- Planning, Configuration, and Maintenance of systems such as Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, Subnets, DNS, Vlans, Access Rules, Basic QoS and Bandwidth management
- Installing and configuring appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Setup new and maintain current users in required systems
- Schedule routine maintenance with customers
- Plan client upgrades and refresh recommendations on a regular basis
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of security risks and best practices for IT Systems
- Maintain an up to date calendar and be flexible when needed
- Be on time for work, appointments, and meetings
- Maintain documentation, inventory, and diagrams as needed
- Maintain Dell TechDirect Certifications (desktop/laptop/server)
- Maintain Datto Technician Specialist II
- In depth use and understanding of Remote Support Tools, Media Wiki, Autotask, GFI, Webroot, Datto, Allworx and other services offered
- Review tech dashboards and react as needed.
- Work with, teach, learn from, and take direction from team members
- Must be able to physically move equipment including, but not limited to, computers, servers, and networking devices
- Other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in a commercial IT environment or ability to show in depth knowledge, capability, and understanding of all required position functions
- 2+ year of experience configuring and managing virtual environments
- In depth experience with: Desktop, Laptops, Mobile devices, Microsoft Office, Office 365, Virus Protection, File share permissions, Backup software and Strategies, TCP/IP Networking, IPv4, DHCP, LAN, WAN, WiFi, Static IP, Network Printing, Active Directory, VPN, Firewall Rules, Vlans, DNS, Group Policy, PowerShell, Exchange, Sharepoint, SQL, Virtualization, Server Replication, Business Continuity Strategies, Security Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to work alone as well as in a team and adhere to project deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks in tandem and concurrently
- Ability to work a 40 hour week with on-call rotation
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
- Must pass a thorough background check
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benefits include: Medical, Employer IRA Match, PTO